Expressions Media 2 stalls and spins rainbow ball about every 10 images on my brand new macbook pro laptop (OSX 10.6.4) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new MacBook Pro, running OSX 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard) and when I use Expressions Media 2 it stalls and spins the dreaded rainbow ball about every 10 images. EM 2 was working fine on my older macbook and it works fine on my iMac desktop which is also running with snow leopard. I also tried running my old version of iView, but does the same thing. I tried manually erasing EM 2 from my HD and reinstalling with my DVD version, but it kept saying there was a newer copy and it would not install (which I saw others on this forum having this problem). I followed a link to the latest update and downloaded it, and that download worked, but the problem remains - program is still stalling and the rainbow ball is still spinning. I am leaving on an assignment in a week and desperate to get this fixed. EM is my editing software for work and I would be in big trouble in the field without it. Thanks.

ps. this is strange, but the problem goes away when I turn off my wifi and disconnect from the internet...

Sunday, July 25, 2010 9:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Millrock

Expression Media doesn't check the internet for anything that i know of, but if you have your media on a network drive, and have automatic folder watching on, that could cause the kind of symptom you are seeing. Other than that, it sounds like some kind of interference from the wifi or internet connection. Like maybe your system is so busy doing something there that it can't deal with the app at the same time. Do you have anything that checks the internet for updates regularly?

Do you need to be connected to the internet while you are working on your catalog? Would turning that connection off while you are working be a viable workaround for you?

Regards,
    Anita Oakley

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:45 AM