none
How to copy\paste multiple records of a field from Excel to SQL server table? RRS feed

• Question

• How to copy\paste multiple records of a field from Excel to SQL server table?

In the screenshot below, I wanted to copy\paste the value of the “name” field to the “E2” field in SQL Server table. How this can be performed?

Thank you

Jamal

jamal

Thursday, July 4, 2019 9:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can import data from the excel file to the table. Right click on the database and select Tasks and than Import Data ...

A Fan of SSIS, SSRS and SSAS

Thursday, July 4, 2019 9:31 PM
  • You can import data from the excel file to the table. Right click on the database and select Tasks and than Import Data ...

i got the error below:

jamal

Thursday, July 4, 2019 9:43 PM
  • Hi jamal,

Please use below T-SQL to  find the details of providers installed on your machine.

EXECUTE MASTER.dbo.xp_enum_oledb_providers

If it dose not exist, you can try to install the following from this link to resolve your error.

Please check the version of your Excel is right. 

The problem may also occurred when you right clicking on a database and clicking on import and since SSMS is a 32-bit program it will launch 32-bit processes. The Excel office is 64 bit. So try explicitly running the Import/Export Wizard (64-bit) by clicking on Start->Program Files->Microsoft SQL Server->Import and Export Data (64-bit) to import your data from a 64-bit data source.

Please refer to SQL SERVER – FIX – Export Error – ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0’ provider is not registered on the local machine to get more information.

Hope this could help you.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, July 5, 2019 3:03 AM
  • Hi jamal,

Please use below T-SQL to  find the details of providers installed on your machine.

EXECUTE MASTER.dbo.xp_enum_oledb_providers

If it dose not exist, you can try to install the following from this link to resolve your error.

Please check the version of your Excel is right. 

The problem may also occurred when you right clicking on a database and clicking on import and since SSMS is a 32-bit program it will launch 32-bit processes. The Excel office is 64 bit. So try explicitly running the Import/Export Wizard (64-bit) by clicking on Start->Program Files->Microsoft SQL Server->Import and Export Data (64-bit) to import your data from a 64-bit data source.

Please refer to SQL SERVER – FIX – Export Error – ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0’ provider is not registered on the local machine to get more information.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thanks Cathy for the help

1. I installed the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable _AccessDatabaseEngine_X64.exe
    2. I tried it from form the SQL Server 2017 RC1 Import and Export Data (32-bit) but never worked

What could resolve the issue?

jamal

Friday, July 5, 2019 7:00 AM
  • Hi jamal,

I find you have installed the 64-bit version “Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0”, and tried Import/Export Wizard (32-bit). If I misunderstood, please let me know.

I suggested you try run the Import/Export Wizard (64-bit) that mentioned above, please try again. Then share us the result. 

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support

Friday, July 5, 2019 7:37 AM
  • Hi jamal,

I find you have installed the 64-bit version “Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0”, and tried Import/Export Wizard (32-bit). If I misunderstood, please let me know.

I suggested you try run the Import/Export Wizard (64-bit) that mentioned above, please try again. Then share us the result. 

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support

it works fine with the 64 bit. Now, how to proceed? which destination i need to choose? i ogt the message below

jamal

Friday, July 5, 2019 3:14 PM
  • Select "SQL Server Native Client 11" as your destination if you want to import data to the database table.

Friday, July 5, 2019 3:20 PM
  • You can use a Excel formular in your spreadsheet and execute the commands in a query window.

=CONCAT("INSERT T7 SELECT NULL, ";"'";A2;"'";";")

Then, copy column B to a new query, execute it

Finally, you get this

Saturday, July 6, 2019 4:42 AM
  • How to copy\paste multiple records of a field from Excel to SQL server table?

In the screenshot below, I wanted to copy\paste the value of the “name” field to the “E2” field in SQL Server table. How this can be performed?

Thank you

Jamal

jamal

Many thanks for you all.

I could found the direct solution here:

Import Excel data into SQL Server using copy and paste

jamal

Saturday, July 6, 2019 7:58 PM
  • Hi Jamal,

I am so glad to hear that you have resolved your issue. Please mark the useful reply as answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support

Monday, July 8, 2019 1:39 AM