none
Dayforce and Silverlight

Question

• Hello, my name is Ja'Rhea Bussey. I need the website Dayforce.com for my job, but every time I log on Silverlight won't load. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, used Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. I have an Acer laptop, so Safari doesn't really work on my laptop. I'm having no luck with anything that I try. I hope to hear back with clear answers on how to fix this ongoing issue.

Thank you for your time,

Yahoo: jarheabussey

Ja'Rhea Bussey

Thursday, April 2, 2015 10:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• What operating system is your laptop?

If you follow the test link in the article here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/30387.silverlight-trouble-shooting-installs.aspx#Is_Silverlight_Working

What happens?

When you say "won't load" what exactly happens?

It could be the plug in which doesn't have permission.

Instructions for addressing that are in that article linked above.

Hope that helps.
    Recent Technet articles: Property List Editing; Dynamic XAML
    Practical Polly

Thursday, April 2, 2015 12:43 PM
  • Re: Dayforce and Silverlight.  We went through this headache as well, including a two-hour over-the-shoulder session with the Dayforce helpline which still did not resolve the issue.  In the end, after reading another blog, I downloaded a Mozilla Firefox browser and that worked.  This might not work for everyone, but in our experience it was successful on two different computers that would not run Silverlight with Chrome or Explorer 11. We are using Windows 10.
    Saturday, November 12, 2016 7:07 PM
  • Yes, same here - IE had been stumbling along with silverlight (allowing run-once) till recently then finally stopped accepting the outdated silverlight plugin to run-once, and would not accept the last available update (perhaps our corporate security profile changed - I don't know).

Also for me, firefox was the solution to the problem. Chrome doesn't support Silverlight.

But the question is really for Dayforce : 

Why does Dayforce uses the long-ago defunct Microsoft plugin Silverlight to present their web page - this plugin was officially abandoned by Microsoft in 2012, though I understand, continued to support in a limited way since then.

(correct me if I'm wrong - I'm not a plug-in expert, but as far as I know, Silverlight is no longer supported by MS?)

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:20 PM
  • End-of-life and End-of-Support are 2 different things. Silverlight is scheduled to be out-of-support by October 2021. That means that Microsoft will continue to offer updates, hotfixes, but won't be developing anything new.

Dayforce is migrating the code from Silverlight to HTML5 continuously with every release while still delivering new features.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:19 PM
  • Worked for me. Thanks
    Monday, August 7, 2017 6:52 PM
  • The issues isn't Silverlight, which is installed correctly, I assume. The issue is that the Dayforce HCM website and subdomains are not in the Trusted security level. Add https://*.dayforcehcm.com to your Trusted Sites.
    • Proposed as answer by AWJans_789 Thursday, June 14, 2018 12:11 AM
    Thursday, June 14, 2018 12:11 AM
  • I am experiencing the same issue at my job.  We have tried to reach out to Dayforce support and been told "its on our side" without them even asking any questions.  All the checks I have run indicate Silverlight is installed and working correctly, I have not had a single failure.  I am now trying the program and registry cleaning suggested above and waiting to see how that turns out.  If anyone has any other suggestions on the Dayforce / Silverlight issue, please let me know.  Thanks!
    Tuesday, December 4, 2018 4:24 PM