none
Program cant compile when the project folder is in my google file stream RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to compile a very simple c++ program using visual studio 2019. My project files are in a folder thats located in my google drive file stream (basically a folder that gets synced on multiple computers). Everytime i compile my program, i get this error : 

G:\My Drive\Inf147\Exercice 2\Exercice 2\Numero3.c: fatal error C1033: cannot open program database 'G:\My Drive\Inf147\Exercice 2\Exercice 2\Exercice 2\x64\Debug\vc142.idb'

Ive tryed creating a new project outsite of the google drive folder and it compiled with 0 errors. Also ive tryed to delete the file in question and recompile but I didn't work.

I would greatly appreciate some help with this issue, I searched online but couldn't find a solution so im asking this here.

Thank you 

Friday, September 20, 2019 5:44 PM

All replies

• >Ive tryed creating a new project outsite of the google drive folder and it compiled with 0 errors. Also ive tryed to delete the file in question and recompile but I didn't work.

MS have historically never supported building projects that reside on non-local drives. While your Google drive folder may reside on
    your local drive, the sync facilities may well cause issues.

If you temporarily disable the sync, does it build then?

Dave

Friday, September 20, 2019 11:13 PM
  • In the project's properties go to the Configuration Properties (the first and probably the default) and the General node (the default). Look at Intermediate Directory. You might be able to change that.

But actually, you are trying to go upstream. The way VS is intended to be used is that you create a GitHub account and create a Git repository for it. Then you can synchronize your project to GitHub. If you do that then you will get much more help because most everyone else is going your way. I know from experience that Git is difficult to learn but at least it is widely used.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, September 22, 2019 12:52 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

>>Program cant compile when the project folder is in my google file stream 

I suggest you could try to right click the excutable file of VSand Properties->Compatibility-> Tick "Run this program in compatibilty mode for:" uncheck the checkbox. 

I suggest you could refer to the link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3920035/visual-studio-2010-project-on-shared-folder-fatal-error-c1033-cannot-open-prog

Best Regards,

Jeanine Zhang

Monday, September 23, 2019 3:05 AM