none
SharePoint user gets blank page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a user that tries to login but fails after 2 times and sees a blank page, but her credentials work for other applications.I have removed and added the user again, used the new-spuser and Set-SPUser to sync from AD and did not work.

I also added the user to different groups with the same result.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Best regards.

Rui Pais

• Edited by R Pais Thursday, December 5, 2019 6:42 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 5:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since the issue was on the users computer i requested the Helpdesk help, due to group policies i cannot change does types of settings on users computers, and they manage to get the issue solved.

Thank you all for your help.

Best regards.

Rui Pais

• Marked as answer by R Pais Tuesday, December 17, 2019 12:19 PM
    • Edited by R Pais Tuesday, December 17, 2019 12:19 PM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2019 12:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Rui Pais,

Please check the following to troubleshooting this issue:

1.Could this user access other pages instead of the home page in this site? Like site settings page or some list page. If so, there may be something wrong with the home page.

2.Try to remove the user from the user infomation list in this site collection, then add him again. Check if it works. URL of user infomation list: http://yoursite/_layouts/15/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=0

3.Use browser  F12 developer tools or Fiddler to check which part of the page prevent the user logging in.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, December 6, 2019 2:40 AM
  • Hi,

The user tested on another device and it worked well.

The issue seems to be in the users laptop.

Im currently checking if IE may have something to do with it, does anyone know right of the bat if there is any possible reason there?

Best regards.

Rui Pais

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 5:31 PM
  • Hi Rui Pais,

You could try to add the SharePoint sites to trusted sites in IE to check if it is the reason. I have seen many issues related with this.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, December 13, 2019 9:59 AM
  • Hi,

Since the issue was on the users computer i requested the Helpdesk help, due to group policies i cannot change does types of settings on users computers, and they manage to get the issue solved.

Thank you all for your help.

Best regards.

Rui Pais

• Marked as answer by R Pais Tuesday, December 17, 2019 12:19 PM
    • Edited by R Pais Tuesday, December 17, 2019 12:19 PM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2019 12:19 PM