none
Printing complete datgrids from PWA RRS feed

• Question

• when i'm trying to print a datagrid from the PWA in project server 2010 (resource center, project center, etc), i cannot find a way to print all the data in the grid, and only get a print which is akin to a screen grab of the information currently on the screen.

is there any way to change the print / server settings to enable a complete print of the information in the PWA datagrids?

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You are pressing the Print button on the ribbon then printing right? As opposed to File->Print from Internet Explorer?

If so then that print window that opens should give you all the data contained in the current view, however are you saying that the printout is cut off or something? I can imagine that could happen as the print is actualy exactly like a screen grab! What you might be able to do from the print options is resize or fit to page or something.

However I would suggest the ultimate solution would be to first Export to Excel then print from there with all the options available in Excel.

HTH,

Martin Laukkanen (Project Server Blog - www.nearbaseline.com/blog)
    Friday, December 23, 2011 3:16 AM
  • Thanks Martin,

an export to excel does allow us to get most of the info needed to print, but the export facility doesn't allow for Gant charts to be translated.

we are currently pursuing a bolt on piece of software, which hopefully will allow a more 'complete' printing functionality from the PWA. i'll post the solution up on here (if it works) in case anyone else is in need of it too.

Tony.

• Edited by tsbr72 Monday, January 23, 2012 9:33 AM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:40 AM