Power Pivot Data Refresh not working in SharePoint 2013 on premise environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing issue in refreshing the data in a power pivot report deployed under Business Intelligence site. I have done all the Power Pivot configuration : Installed SQL Analysis Server in sharepoint mode,Created Power Pivot Unattended Secure Store Account,Run Power Pivot Configuration tool . 

Initially I have used my administrative account for Power Pivot Unattended  Account. Can it may cause any issue?

But then I use another account from active directory and grant all permission on SQL and sharepoint. Then also the issue persist.

I have created a Schedule for refreshing the Power Pivot report but it didn't run as no information appear under history section of "Manage Power Pivot Refresh" option.

I tried to do manual refresh using  "Refresh all connection" and the below error get displayed:

An error occurred while working on the Data Model in the workbook. Please try again. We were unable to refresh one or more data connections in this workbook. The following connections failed to refresh: "My connection name"

Am I missing any configuration which is causing the issue.  

Please help me in resolving the issue .

Thanks in advance !!

Supriya.

Monday, July 20, 2015 11:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Supriya,

What kind of data source are you connecting to with the "My connection name"?  Is it an SQL relational database, or is it an SSAS model?

Based on what you listed, I am wondering if the account has access to the SSAS database(s).  Not only the model you are trying to access, but also the PowerPivot SSAS instance should be checked.

Elohir

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 3:02 PM
  • Can you list the error information that you do see? Does the refresh page say that there is a refresh scheduled? Also the user account of the user scheduling the refresh does need to have access to the Secure Store Target Application for the PowerPivot Unattended Account.

Patrick

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 12:11 AM
  • Hi Supriya,

Interactive data refresh is only available for workbooks that created in Excel 2013.

Please refer to the link below which explains the user experience of workbooks created in previous Power Pivot environments and how to upgrade Power Pivot workbooks so that you can take advantage of new features introduced in this release.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj218794.aspx

Refer in following thread.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/04a67b3f-1a10-49da-9347-fa5fe6d33ee6/manually-data-refresh?forum=sqlkjpowerpointforsharepoint

Please click Mark As Answer if my post helped.

Thursday, November 3, 2016 1:39 AM