none
Visual Studio 2019 connection to Access 2019 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot get VS 2019 to connect to Access 2019 64 bit. I get the error of The "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

I have downloaded and installed the ACE provider and it shows up on the VS Data Source connection wizard, as does JET.  I select ACE, but get the above error when I test the connection.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I've had many MVPs give me suggestions, but they only work on prior versions of VS, or on 32 bit Access. 

Using JET, I can connect to .mdb Access databases, but that won't do what I need. 

Thanks,

Dave

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

About the issue, maybe you can refer to the thread "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine".

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:46 AM
  • I already did that before this post.  It doesn't even come close to answering the question since it relates to software scenarios that aren't my problem and with software that isn't Visual Studio 2019 trying to connect with Access 2019 - 64 bit.  VS 2019 changed something.  I've gone to my 2018 VS and can connect.  However, since I'm to be teaching VS 2019 and Access 2019 - 64 bit connection to University students starting in January, I have to have a solution for that exact connection, which no one seems to have an answer for, including Microsoft.  Of course, Microsoft won't even let me talk to them or their support, so I use the forums and get the same run-around that doesn't address the issue.  Then some moderator decides, and I quote, "the issue is too severe so we aren't going to address it".

If someone will address the EXACT issue I would be very grateful.

Thank you!

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:13 AM
  • Hi scenicaz,

If this problem only occurs in Visual Studio 2019, I suggest you submit a issue to the Developer Community. Specific steps refer to the link Report a problem.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:38 AM
  • I've already done that.  Nothing except an automated e-mail that says it's being "triaged", whatever that's supposed to mean.  Then a month later another automated e-mail that says that since there was no activity on this issue it's being deleted or inactivated and no further action will be taken.

That's a lot of non-help from a company that used to be very responsive to its customers.  

So there's no way to actually talk with someone with knowledge of VS 2019 to get some help?

I'll submit again, anyway.  I need this resolved so I can teach it to just under 300 students this next semester.  That's a lot of need.

• Edited by scenicaz Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:50 PM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:45 PM