none
SSIS Packages With DQS Constantly Hang RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've got several SSIS packages which use DQS Cleansing components. These all used to run just fine. They were never super fast, but at least they finished running.

Now suddenly, these same packages have literally come to a grinding halt. Where a certain package would maybe take 15 minutes, that same package will run for over 20 minutes and actually never complete. For example there is a package I'm running right now that normally takes no more than 10 minutes and it has only one filed being run through DQS. It's been running for over half an hour.

From the messages, the package loaded ~3000 records from the source into the DQS component and essentially just went to a SUSPENDED status when viewing the process in profiler.

It seems as though the minute the process hits the DQS server, it just sits out there. There's no connection error issue...just dead air essentiall.

These packages have not changed. We haven't made any changes to DQS whatsoever.

Has anyone encountered anything like this?? If so, I would really like to know how you resolved this. I'm kind of on a tight schedule and we need to get this figured out ASAP!

Thanks!

A. M. Robinson

Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:00 PM

All replies

• We are seeing the same problem. This started a couple of months ago for us and we opened a case with MS to troubleshoot. After several days of not finding an answer it just started working again on it's own. Neither the tech nor myself were happy with this because we had no idea what had caused the issue to begin with or why it suddenly started working again. This morning the issue is back. We recently installed Windows patches on these SQL Servers and one of the patches installed was a security roll up for .NET Framework. DQS does not generally like it when you update .NET unless you also run dqsinstaller.exe -upgradedlls so I ran through that, but the cleansing tasks are still hanging. I've also deleted all of the old projects as that was something suggested on another blog, no luck. Additionally, I have played around with the SQL memory upper limit, but this also does not seem to make any difference and I am not seeing that this machine is starved for memory to begin with (another blog suggestion). Please post back here if you guys were able to figure this issue out.

Regards,

Brian

Wednesday, December 26, 2018 7:57 PM
  • Our team recently encountered this same issue. One day suddenly DQS server stopped working. There were no error messages or warnings.
    In SSIS, everything was fine, but when it reached the DQS cleansing component - it just remained stalled there.
    Only resolution we were able come up with was to reinstall DQS server.
    Saturday, January 26, 2019 6:53 AM