Creating Azure IoT solution fails RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create the Azure IoT Connected Factory solution (www.azureiotsolutions.com). But it fails at creating a VM with the following message:

The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'. (Code: ResourceDeploymentFailure, ResourceType: Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/extensions,ResourceName: vm-nrtub/scriptextensions) - Allocation failed. We do not have sufficient capacity for the requested VM size in this region. Read more about improving likelihood of allocation success at http://aka.ms/allocation-guidance (Code: AllocationFailed)

Obviously, it may try to create a VM configuration that is not available in my region (Europe Northern), but how should I know that? In what regions does this solution work?

Thanks.

A former Javaman

Monday, March 23, 2020 9:47 AM

Answers

• We suspect your issue is related with the actual global health pandemic. As mentioned on our blog posts (Update 1 & Update 2):

"We’re implementing a few temporary restrictions designed to balance the best possible experience for all of our customers. We have placed limits on free offers to prioritize capacity for existing customers. We also have limits on certain resources for new subscriptions. These are ‘soft’ quota limits, and customers can raise support requests to increase these limits. If requests cannot be met immediately, we recommend customers use alternative regions (of our 54 live regions) that may have less demand surge. To manage surges in demand, we will expedite the creation of new capacity in the appropriate region."

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 11:59 AM

All replies

• Hello,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You will be able to deploy the Virtual Machine as per your “Azure Subscription” and “Azure Location” which you have selected while creating the Connected Factory solution. The error page displaying this message is because of the limited Virtual Machine instances availability in that part and/or specific series VMs might be utilized. You may need to wait until it gets released or choose another region to resolve this error.

Do let us know if you need further help.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:29 AM
  • @magja

Were you able to resolve the issue? Do let us know if you are still blocked.

Thursday, March 26, 2020 10:32 AM
  • I resolved it by selecting another region (Western Europe). 

But now, when I am trying to deploy it (about a week later) I get the following error:

Database account documentdb-p5rzc is not online ActivityId: a06bcc77-2b58-49bf-9009-b00b6c62ffa6, Microsoft.Azure.Documents.Common/2.10.0 (Code: BadRequest, ResourceType: Microsoft.DocumentDb/databaseAccounts,ResourceName: documentdb-p5rzc)

This didn't happen last week. This happens for both Northern and Western Europe.

So, in total, I have succeeded deploying the Connected Factory "Accelerator" one time out of four. My ambition was to show this to my colleagues.

A former Javaman

• Edited by magja Tuesday, March 31, 2020 7:52 AM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2020 7:51 AM
  • We suspect your issue is related with the actual global health pandemic. As mentioned on our blog posts (Update 1 & Update 2):

"We’re implementing a few temporary restrictions designed to balance the best possible experience for all of our customers. We have placed limits on free offers to prioritize capacity for existing customers. We also have limits on certain resources for new subscriptions. These are ‘soft’ quota limits, and customers can raise support requests to increase these limits. If requests cannot be met immediately, we recommend customers use alternative regions (of our 54 live regions) that may have less demand surge. To manage surges in demand, we will expedite the creation of new capacity in the appropriate region."

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 11:59 AM