AOAG Failover Cluster has expired RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I received an error in AOAG and can not identify the issue, I tried to drill down by looking at the SQLDIAG but unfortunately my SQLDIAG does not exists as it can store 100MB of 10 files only, hence the issue happen 3 days can not be traced back.

When i check the sql server logs I see

The lease between availability group 'Groupname' and the Windows Server Failover Cluster has expired. A connectivity issue occurred between the instance of SQL Server and the Windows Server Failover Cluster. To determine whether the availability group is failing over correctly, check the corresponding availability group resource in the Windows Server Failover Cluster.

I suspect that this is because of lease thread being monitored by the SQL Server Resource DLL is frozen,due to which cluster manager did not get the feedback, as before the above message in sql server log there are quite number of I/O waits. but not sure how to conclude it.. since I can get data onlyfrom Cluster Diagnostics Log unfortunately that log is for that particular time is not available.

Additional Information found in Eventvwr is

Cluster resource of type 'SQL Server Availability Group' in clustered role failed.

Question is

1) Is there any way to trouble shoot why lease expired?

2) can i get back the Cluster Diagnostics Log ?

Best Regards Moug

• Edited by Moug45 Monday, July 20, 2015 10:51 AM
    Monday, July 20, 2015 10:35 AM