none
Sorry, PowerPivot can't open the Data Model because there was a COM exception while opening. You might be opening a workbook on a corrupt installation of Excel. Click Detail for more information. RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently upgraded from Excel 2010 to Excel 2016. I can no longer properly use PowerPivot. I've even had my organization's IT uninstall and reinstall Excel and didn't work. They then gave me a brand new laptop and I'm still getting this issue. I can create a powerpivot and make connections but as soon as I close the document and get back into it I get the error. Not sure what is happening as I can create fien but when I open again something seems corrupted?

============================
    Error Message:

Method not found: 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.IAddinInterface Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.DataModelingSandbox.get_StaticAddinInterface()'.

Call Stack:

at Microsoft.Office.PowerPivot.ExcelAddIn.InProcServer.LoadSandboxAfterConnection(String errorCache)
       at Microsoft.Office.PowerPivot.ExcelAddIn.InProcServer.LoadSafeSandboxAfterConnection(String errorCache)
       at Microsoft.Office.PowerPivot.ExcelAddIn.InProcServer.LoadOLEDBConnection(Boolean raiseCompleteEvent, String errorCache)

Monday, February 10, 2020 8:13 PM

Answers

• I can confirm this issue. We switched from Office 2013 and Windows 7 to Office 2016 and Windows 10.

One of our support guys un- and reinstalled Office and afterwards it worked for a few minutes before reverting back to the error.

One user found out that when copied into an new excel file the data connection works until that file is saved and reopened.

• Edited by D. Wieck Wednesday, May 13, 2020 12:59 PM Updated information received from user
    • Marked as answer by AV111Editor Monday, May 25, 2020 7:36 AM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2020 12:48 PM