none
How to change margin color for lines with pending changes? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, how do I change the color of the mark at line 669 in the attached image.

It appears next to the lines where the code differs from the version-controlled repository.

I'm using VS2019 with a C++ project. I tried changing the color option for "Track changes" that is yellow by default but that didn't have any effect. Any suggestions which color option I need to change?

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Tianyu,

Thank you for leading me on the right track. I have an extension called VisualSVN with editor integration that overrides Track changes, so I guess I will need to contact the company behind it.

Kind regards,
    Johan

• Marked as answer by Williamsson Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:22 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 8:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Williamsson,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I tried to reproduce your issue in my side, and as far as I know, the “Track changes” options affect the pending changes but it appears at the right of the line number like the picture below. And change color of “Track Changes before save” option could modify the color.

But after I checked the picture you shared with us, I notice that the “yellow mark” appears at the left of the line number in your issue, and you said “that didn’t have any effect” so might ask you for some more details about how to reproduce your issue. Could you share us with some reproducible codes that may cause your issue then I will test in my side and find out the workarounds to change the color of it.

Sorry if there is any inconvenience.

In addition, I find some other options that the color is set to yellow(maybe dark yellow) by default. I share with you and I’m not sure if this could solve your issue, but maybe helpful. You could refer to below options in Tools -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> Display items

“Current Statement for Thread”

“SQL Diff – Source Line Changed”

“SQL Diff – Source Word Changed”

“Track reverted changes”

BTW, I’m not sure if this issue is caused by any third-party extensions or plugins.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:35 AM
  • Hi Tianyu,

Thank you for leading me on the right track. I have an extension called VisualSVN with editor integration that overrides Track changes, so I guess I will need to contact the company behind it.

Kind regards,
    Johan

• Marked as answer by Williamsson Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:22 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 8:18 AM
  • Hi Johan,

Thank you for the feedback.

So glad to hear that you have found the key clue. If you have any other issue about Visual Studio General Questions, please feel free to contact us and we are willing to help you.

Have a nice day : )

Sincerely,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 8:32 AM