none
Error while trying to create a "public load balancer with IPv6 using Azure CLI" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all,

I'm following the "Create a public load balancer with IPv6 using Azure CLI" article.

I've got as far as "Create NICs", point 1. BUT I get an error when I try to execute point 2.

Microsoft support said the error was "too deep" to help and passed me here to ask for assistance.

I have a screen shoot of the error attached.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

A.

The client 'admin@xxxx.org' with object id 'efcf294c-721f-4932-aa69-94f85254a2ee' has permission to perform action 'Microsoft.Network/networkInterfaces/write' on scope '/subscriptions/ad895e59-fed3-4007-8059-ef24429027cb/resourceGroups/pscontosorg1southctrlus09152016/providers/Microsoft.Network/networkInterfaces/myIPv4IPv6Nic1'; however, it does not have permission to perform action 'Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks/subnets/join/action' on the linked scope(s) '/subscriptions/########-####-####-####-############/resourceGroups/pscontosorg1southctrlus09152016/providers/Microsoft.Network/VirtualNetworks/contosoIPv4Vnet/subnets/clicontosoIPv4Subnet1' or the linked scope(s) are invalid.
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 10:03 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

In order to create a NIC to a subnet you not only need write permission on the NIC but also the below permission "'Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks/subnets/join/action". Can you check if you have permission "/subnets/join/action" for your user account ?

If not then,  define a "join" operation in lieu of a "write" operation to allow a Network Interface to be joined to a particular VNET.

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 11:03 AM
  • Hello,

If you think your question has been answered, please click "Mark as Answer" if just helped click "Vote as helpful". This can be beneficial to other community members reading this forum thread.

Best regards

Subhash

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:21 AM