How to improve the cloud service performance in widows azure? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all,

I deployed mvc application in windows azure, my problem is my application is performance is not good. previously(before deployed in azure) this same application performance is very good.but now overall performance slow.in my app am using pdf documents .on this documents(opening, submitting) very very slow.in my previous code am storing the binary data in database and based on binary data get the documents to application.but now changed that code.instead of storing binary data in database am using the blobs and stored the blob url in database and get the documents based on the blob url.now it's little bit improve the performance.but not previous application(before azure).what am asking give me some suggestion for improving the application performance.

Thanks in Advance ,

Rakesh.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As you know the way for accessing data from storage or db is similar, maybe some little change as above link does make some improvement. The only thing I can suggest is you can use the same region for the service side and storage, db side. Change larger VM or instance size for more cpu and bandwidth for data transfering.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Choose larger size of instance with higher bandwidth may improve a lot performance. Also read these articles about best practices and improving performance for Blob:

https://www.simple-talk.com/cloud/platform-as-a-service/8-essential-best-practices-in-windows-azure-blob-storage/

http://tk.azurewebsites.net/2012/12/10/greatly-increase-the-performance-of-azure-storage-cloudblobclient/

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:00 AM
  • Hi Qin,

Presently my application is running in testing mode.i need to introduce my application to market,but before that i want to come out of this performance issues and my application details are,

Cloud Services           ============> West US
     Storage Account        ============> West US
    Database Server        ============> North Central US

VM(Virtual Machine) Size ==========>Small 

here my cloud service and storage in one location and Database Server in another location.is that any effects on application performance?

and one more thing  am using the one web role with one instance in my application.

Ca you suggest me what changes will i do for improving my application performance?

Thanks in advance,

Rakesh.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:15 AM
  • Hi,

As you know the way for accessing data from storage or db is similar, maybe some little change as above link does make some improvement. The only thing I can suggest is you can use the same region for the service side and storage, db side. Change larger VM or instance size for more cpu and bandwidth for data transfering.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:34 AM
  • Hi Qin ,

Thanks for your suggestion.now i want change my cloud service application  and storage account from West US to North Central US but am unable to change ,when i create i new cloud service am not getting North Central US option in the region list.

Can you tell me how to change region from West to North Central.

Thanks,

Rakesh. 

Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:20 AM
  • Hi,

There is no way to change the region for the existed service or storage. You need to create new one. You can create a affinity group in any region and add service or storage to this group.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang

Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:24 AM
  • Hi Qin,

Thanx for your information.i will create new one and follow the further steps.

Thanks,

Rakesh.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 3:57 AM