none
Deploying SendGrid Account failed with "User failed validation to purchase resources" RRS feed

• Question

• Apparently this is a common issue. Just by googling around, there are several pages about this but no one seems to have posted a solution/root cause. 

I tried to deploy a SendGrid Account and entered all the required info but the deployment eventually failed with: "User failed validation to purchase resources."

{"code":"DeploymentFailed","message":"At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-debug for usage details.","details":[{"code":"BadRequest","message":"{\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourcePurchaseValidationFailed\",\r\n \"message\": \"User failed validation to purchase resources. Error message: 'Offer with PublisherId: Sendgrid, OfferId: sendgrid_azure cannot be purchased due to validation errors. See details for more information.'\"\r\n }\r\n}"}]}

Some people suggest legal terms have been accepted which I did during the provisioning process. What else is missing?

Thank you.

Saturday, October 12, 2019 1:14 AM

All replies

• Just to clarify, not sure why this was moved to Azure Mobile Apps... I don't think it's related to Azure Mobile Apps. This is simply to create a SendGrid account in Azure portal and I don't think SendGrid has anything to do with Azure Mobile Apps, at least not in the case what I plan to do.
    • Edited by AZLearner Saturday, October 12, 2019 10:06 PM
    Saturday, October 12, 2019 10:05 PM
  • SendGrid technically falls under mobile apps

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sendgrid-dotnet-how-to-send-email

Hence moved it here to try and get it to the right people. 

Off the top of my head, you might not have permissions on the subscription to purchase items, issues with credit card/ payment info, etc. Something around the subscription itself. 

You can also open a free billing support ticket to see if they can unblock you from that end. Besides that some engineers who work with sendgrid can now see this thread and can also chime in. 

Saturday, October 12, 2019 10:58 PM
  • Are you deploying the SendGrid account through an ARM template or through the portal? Can you list out the steps/template you did/used?

Thanks in advance, Ryan

Monday, October 14, 2019 7:59 PM
  • Hi Ryan,

I was in the Azure Portal. I simply search for "SendGrid Account" at the top search bar, click on Create SendGrid Account, fill in the info: name, password, subscription, resource group (existing), pricing tier (free for now), contact info (my full name, email, company name), and review legal term - it shows:

Offer details 0.00 USD/P1M

SendGrid 
    by SendGrid
    Terms of use | privacy policyThe highlighted Marketplace purchase(s) are not covered by your Azure credits, and will be billed separately.
    You cannot use your Azure monetary commitment funds or subscription credits for these purchases. You will be billed separately for marketplace purchases.

What does this mean? I am using my company's account and have been able to deploy VMs, firewalls, Azure SQL, etc. 

Hopefully someone can help clarify this soon since this is a blocker to me.. Thank you.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 1:14 AM
  • Hi there,

We'd like to work more closely with you on this issue. The text you highlighted from the legal terms simply means you can't use Azure credits to pay for SendGrid as it's a 3rd party service. The fact you're receiving a 'ResourcePurchaseValidationFailed' could indicate an issue with your current permissions or a setup in your Azure account.

You can email us at AzCommunity[at]microsoft[dot]com ATTN: Ryan enclosing your subscription id.

Thanks in advance, Ryan

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 4:06 PM