none
How to download the subtitles of Microsoft Virtual Academy video tutorials?

Question

• Hi,

While I play video tutorials of Microsoft Virtual Academy online, I am able to watch with subtitles. But, when I download and watch them, I can't find the subtitles. Is there any way to download the subtitles?

Saturday, August 23, 2014 3:07 AM

Answers

• For now there is no way to downlaod subtitle form Microsoft Virtual Academy,IF you want to watch subtitle ,you need watch it online.

if you really want to download the subtitle together.you can report here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/

Software Engineer | Silverlight Developer | mark as answer if it helped

• Marked as answer by Jonny_D Friday, August 29, 2014 3:27 AM
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm afraid that you couldn't download the subtitle alone without downloading the video.

I would like to suggest to check if the video downloading is complete .

please try to download again see if the issue still exists.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by S. Prashanth Monday, August 25, 2014 3:28 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by S. Prashanth Monday, August 25, 2014 3:28 PM
    Monday, August 25, 2014 6:10 AM

• Thanks,

I downloaded the entire 6 videos of Small Business: Migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7. But, when I started watching them after downloading, none of the 6 videos had subtitles. The downloads were fine as I could at least watch the videos.

I checked the videos using VLC Media Player to see if they had subtitles. VLC reported that there are no subtitles to the video.

You can look at the following image which is a screen shot of VLC Media Player playing one of the videos, showing that there are no subtitles.

Monday, August 25, 2014 5:18 PM
  • For now there is no way to downlaod subtitle form Microsoft Virtual Academy,IF you want to watch subtitle ,you need watch it online.

if you really want to download the subtitle together.you can report here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/

Software Engineer | Silverlight Developer | mark as answer if it helped

• Marked as answer by Jonny_D Friday, August 29, 2014 3:27 AM
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:24 AM
  • you can find the video on channel9 and just add this /captions?f=webvtt&l=en after the link. there is the page that contain subtile, just save it .
    • Proposed as answer by m_shawaf Saturday, April 23, 2016 9:23 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:30 AM
  • just as explained below by nQIf Pro below

go to the video page for which you want to download subtitles

then append this to the url in the address bar

/captions?f=webvttl=en

hit ENTER now

now your browser will take you to the subtitle file saved on ms server. but wait . don't save this page.

instead, right click on this page and click "view source".

new window will pop-up with your long-wished subtitles in correct manners .

now save this page as "videotitle.srt"  to the folder where you saved the video and enjoy

• Proposed as answer by kundan thakur Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:20 AM
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:19 AM
  • just as explained below by nQIf Pro below

go to the video page for which you want to download subtitles

then append this to the url in the address bar

/captions?f=webvttl=en

hit ENTER now

now your browser will take you to the subtitle file saved on ms server. but wait . don't save this page.

instead, right click on this page and click "view source".

new window will pop-up with your long-wished subtitles in correct manners .

now save this page as "videotitle.srt"  to the folder where you saved the video and enjoy

Hi Kundan, the title that opens is in Chinese I think? The translate page option does not translate to the correct English Subs. I am deaf and really would appreciate any help from anyone.  Many thanks
    Saturday, November 14, 2015 10:13 AM
  • Hi Kundan, the title that opens is in Chinese I think? The translate page option does not translate to the correct English Subs. I am deaf and really would appreciate any help from anyone.  Many thanks

I'm search too for a solution to download the subtitles, and I found this video but didn't test it yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8PhK4rNyeY

what I understood is you must:

1- download and install the Internet download manager

2 - then add its extension to your browser

3- the righ click the page that has the video you want to download then select "download all links with IDM"

4- try to find the subtitle file in the language you want (for example "english") and select it and select the video file also

5- then choose where you want to save them at your PC then click download

6- after the download complete, edit the file name to make its extension .vtt

7- using another program called "subtitle editor" you should convert the .vtt subtitle file into .srt file

8- he did another step at the video but I couldn't understand that as he talks in Russian but I think you won't need this step, if you open Windows media player and enabled the subtitle option from Play > Lyrics, captions and subtitles > On if available, then play your video, I think the subtitle will appear

I hope it works

Monday, December 21, 2015 5:08 AM
  • i got a tools from github, this tools help to download subtitle from MVA, but i dont know how to use it, i tried as instructed but couldn't, will you try plzz if u can plz let us know, the github link is below https://github.com/hujinglin/MVA-Downloader
    Monday, May 09, 2016 6:17 PM
  • i got a tools from github, this tools help to download subtitle from MVA, but i dont know how to use it, i tried as instructed but couldn't, will you plz help to use this tools plzz if u can plz let us know, the github link is below https://github.com/hujinglin/MVA-Downloader
    Monday, May 09, 2016 6:18 PM
  • i got a tools from github, this tools help to download subtitle from MVA, but i dont know how to use it, i tried as instructed but couldn't, will you try plzz if u can plz let us know, the github link is below https://github.com/hujinglin/MVA-Downloader
    Monday, May 09, 2016 6:26 PM
  • i got a tools from github, this tools help to download subtitle from MVA, but i dont know how to use it, i tried as instructed but couldn't, will you try plzz if u can plz let us know, the github link is below https://github.com/hujinglin/MVA-Downloader

hello

1-download files from github

2-goto to directory ..\MVA-Downloader-master\bin

3-create a text file write "node server.js" into it

4-save file as server.bat and run it 

5-goto Chrome then type 127.0.0.1:3000

6- now you can use it .

• Proposed as answer by kundan thakur Sunday, January 28, 2018 3:54 PM
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:32 PM
  • Sorry to say

but my previous solution doesn't work with new website

So here goes the new and simple solution:

1. Install and download Mozilla Firefox
    2. install Add-on "All Downloader Professional" or go to https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/689523/all_downloader_professional-1.98.2-an+fx.xpi?src=dp-btn-primary
    3. then go to MVA in Firefox with above addon installed.
    4. Start Video playback and enable Subtitles.
    5. Now Click "Video Downloader Professional" and in the pop-up list look for "Video_cc.vtt" in description 
    6. right click Video_cc.vtt and download to PC
    7. Rename to Video_cc.srt or whatever.srt
    8. Open the file in Notepad and Delete "WebVTT" on first line and save the file.
    9. There you go!

Sunday, January 28, 2018 3:05 PM
  • Hi,

1) I found a solution copy URL of your MVA video

2) Go to site convert2mp3.net, and in section "Enter something to search for (video title)", paste your URL there and select "Search and convert"

now you have that video URL in youtube

3) now, copy your youtube URL and go to site downsub.com

4) paste your youtube URL in this site, and download subtitle in srt format

now you have srt file and you have video

use a player such as kmplayer and see your video with subtitle and enjoy

Sunday, August 19, 2018 7:31 AM