none
increase memory for fetch large data

Question

• Hello all

I have a project in SL5 and vs10 -  OS x64 and 8GB Ram

when I try to load my large data from Domaun Service by LoadOperation<>  'OutOfMemoryException' raise

How can I increase my default memory in vs to prevent this exception

thank you

Monday, December 05, 2016 11:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Mohammad Imanloo,

>>How can I increase my default memory in vs to prevent this exception

As far as I know, VS does not limit the default memory, It may cause by your program. So, I suggest you can optimize your program.

For example, when we try to get a lot of data at once, we need to try some optimization to ensure performance and avoid some exceptions.

1: You may consider to use the DomainDataSource with DataPager and display Data in pages. Then each time, it will only return visible records and will avoid out of memory exception.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee707363(v=vs.91).aspx

2: The following article introduces how to hand a large data set in Silverlight. You can refer it.

Handling Large Data Sets in Silverlight using WCF and Customized DataGrids
    https://www.codeproject.com/articles/70834/handling-large-data-sets-in-silverlight-using-wcf 

Best Regards,

Yohann Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 5:54 AM
  • Dear Yohann Lu

Hi

I am using Domain Service and work with its context. Sample you refer to Wcf service and load data as stream

I try to load my data to a LoadOperation variable to use it in some Grids and create some reports not only in one Grid

thank you

Sunday, February 12, 2017 12:13 PM