none
Can I install SQL Server (2014 or higher) on a Surface X w/ ARM processor running W10 Home? RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a user that I need to install ACT!22 on his new Surface X. Is there a version of SQL that will install given the system configuration he has?  ARM processor, Win10 Home?? 

TIA for any info anyone can provide!

DJF

Tuesday, December 31, 2019 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hi KinIT,

ACT uses the free SQL Server Express Edition. Surface Pro X has a huge limitation that it will not install 64-bit applications that have not been ported to ARM64. SQL server 2017 Express is in testing. Please refer to this document to get the information about the list of the apps that are supported and not supported on Surface Pro X. Please also refer to Apps that will not work on Microsoft Surface Pro X to get more information.

Hope this could help you.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 1, 2020 3:17 AM
  • Hi KinIT,

Any update? If the reply could help you, please mark the useful reply as answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, January 6, 2020 1:27 AM