none
Silverlight Elevated Trust issues on Windows 10

Question

• We have an external website built on Silverlight for our customers that isn't replaced yet.  The site works, the Silverlight works, except the allow elevated trust part is not working on many Windows 10 machines.  The program goes over the internet and connects to a database.  it reads and saves information and prints a report.  That all works.  1 feature is that it reads a file from the C Drive to save the Data Entry people time.  We do this by Changing the the registry setting of Allow Elevated Trust and installing a Code Signing Certificate into the stores Trusted Publishers and Trusted Root Certificates Authorities.

The problem, is brand new Windows 10 machines, this won't work.  It doesn't seem to acknowledge the Certificate or registry setting, I'm not sure which.  We have two W10 boxes in the office, with all windows updates installed and they work.  We open up new three vm's or use our customers brand new workstations and they don't work.  We patch them to the latest windows updates and IE, they DON'T work.  We can't figure out what the difference is.

No matter what we do, we get the above Error, fileSecurityState_OperationNotPermitted as if we didn't update the registry or install the certificate.

This is NOT an issue on any Windows 7, Vista or XP machine.

Windows 10 64Bit

IE 11

Since I can't add an image here yet, here's the other thread with the image.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-windows_7/silverlight-elevated-trust-issues-on-windows-10/edff542e-569a-4797-9eb6-56cd35e20f68?tm=1536242383267

• Edited by SeanRoberts Thursday, September 6, 2018 2:33 PM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 9:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Sean,

I just wondered if you got anywhere with this? I have a similar issue on one particular PC. That said we've all been happily working on Windows 10 for some time, so I'm not sure if it's actually related to Windows 10 or something specific to the particular PC.

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 12:29 PM