When will Expression 5 be released RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• No public information has been made available for this.

Jim Cheshire -- Microsoft
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:56 PM
  • How about now, It's really annoying that we have Silverlight 5 and no real design support without hacking the preview. At least provide a compatibility service pack.
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:06 PM
  • I second Brad's request.  Silverlight 5 has been out for a while now and no version 5 Expression Studio.  What is going on?
    Friday, January 27, 2012 2:54 AM
  • I third that and we need support for WinRT in Expression Design 5 especially in the export area.
    Saturday, September 29, 2012 8:43 PM
  • Observing what has occurred, I am speculating here, but Blend was released with Visual Studio 2012. So... I think maybe Microsoft's resources had to be thrown into that effort before finishing up the version for Silverlight 5. They are probably in the final throes of packaging and I suspect that it will be released around the same time they roll out Windows 8 to the general public.

My two cents worth of speculation... :)

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:29 PM
  • Sorry to bump an old thread, but this is now posted on the Expression web page.

Snip 8<

As part of this consolidation, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 provides the leading web development tool, which enables you to design, develop, and maintain websites and web applications. Visual Studio 2012 makes it easy to build CSS-based websites from the ground up with new CSS layouts, HTML5 support and full featured capabilities for working with and debugging JavaScript. Learn more about Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web.

Expression Web is now available as a free download from the Microsoft Download Center, and no new versions will be developed. Customers who previously purchased Expression Web will receive support through the established support lifecycle. Expression SuperPreview Remote Beta will continue running as a service through June 30, 2013.

>8 Snip

MS looking for MORE money and forcing Visual Studio by the looks of it...

Of course this happened just after I Bought a Key.  By the way, I went looking for tech support and this is what I got... (Names changed)

Me: Purchased a key on Saturday, Thought that it would unlock Expression Encoder Screen Capture. Would someone be able to help me with questions before I activate the key?
    Me: I have talk with a rep at the MS store without resolve and was refered to tech support
    MS CSRep: Please be advised that the support for Expression products is through an online support site only.
    Me: According to the site, I am entitled to tech support if I have a key
    MS CSRep: I'm sorry for that wrong information. May I have the site where you got that information?
    Me: I have a key, I just haven't activated it yet. I don't want to if I have to return the product
    Me: Expression Design is now available as a free download from the Microsoft Download Center, and no new versions will be developed. Customers who previously purchased Expression Design as part of Expression Ultimate or Expression Web will receive support through the established support lifecycle. Download Expression Design 4, Free Version
    Me: Expression Web is now available as a free download from the Microsoft Download Center, and no new versions will be developed. Customers who previously purchased Expression Web will receive support through the established support lifecycle. Expression SuperPreview Remote Beta will continue running as a service through June 30, 2013.
    Me: http://www.microsoft.com/expression/
    MS CSRep: We do provide support,  however, this requires technical support account.

• Edited by blourie Friday, December 21, 2012 5:07 AM additional info
    Friday, December 21, 2012 5:01 AM