Sky player/silverlight issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been using skyplayer/silverlight for a couple of months without any problems, however this morning i go to watch and sky player is saying i need to install silverlight to watch, even though i have been using it for weeks. would this be a sky player issue or a silverlight issue? i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling silverlight to to effect. Any ideas welcome.

Regards,

Swanyofrug

Saturday, October 10, 2009 3:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please go to this website and make sure you have thee most recent version of silverlight

http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/get-started/install/default.aspx

If you do the problem is with sky player

Saturday, October 10, 2009 5:43 AM
  • I have the same problem with SkyPlayer in Windows Media Center. (Running W7 Home Premium)

I tried to uninstall/reinstall Silverlight and Sky Player. And yet.... it doesn't work

I can navigate without any problem in Sky Player, log in, etc. but NOT play any programme (on-demand or live).

The error message I get is (when the program should start):

An error has occured in the script on this page

Line: 360

Char: 9

Error: Unhandled Error in Silverlight 2 Application
             Code 4004
             Category: ManagedRuntimeError
             Message: System.InvalidOperationException: Microsoft JScript compilation error
             Unterminated string constant at System.Windows.Browser.HtmlWindow.Eval(String code)......

I asked the same question to Sky (they have no real support for SkyPlayer in Windows Media Center), and other Microsoft forums (considering SkyPlayer in Windows Media Center is a MS product).

Any idea appreciated.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 1:24 PM
  • Ditto!

Contacted sky 2/3 weeks ago and uninstalled sky player and silverlight - no joy.

Referred to them this morning (6 April) and have had the issue transferred to their media team who will contact me.

This problem (MF1) occurs via the website and via media center on Windows 7.

Have their been any windows updates that may have caused an issue with silverlight, IE8 or Media Center?

This problem just occurred after having no issues at all - skyplayer worked fine via their website and in media center.

Is ther any registry key that may have become corrupted?

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 5:32 AM
  • I have the same issue, Wanted to catch up on my favourite program so came online after all the adverts.

I tried watching in Chrome and it just didnt load, so i downloaded the desktop version. I then downloaded the program and tried to watch but it had the same affect. 

I then tried watching in IE but it also didnt work. 

I have been on Silverlight website and i have the current version. 

This is so frustrating can someone please help me??

Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:02 PM