none
Is it possible to pull data from Snowflake to Azure ML studio/service? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to connect ML studio/service with Snowflake? How? Also with Tableau?

-Jenni

• Edited by Jennniii Tuesday, January 8, 2019 10:28 AM
    Monday, January 7, 2019 11:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• In Azure ML service, you can run generic Python 3 code. So if these databases have Python connectors, it would be feasible.

In Azure ML Studio, there's no built-in support for these data sources.

-Roope

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 5:32 PM
  • I am trying to connect my azure cloud database ( stealth mode) to MLStudio using Python code ( I am using Execute Python Script to write my code )  however it complains about pyodbc

import pandas as pd import pyodbc as pdb def azureml_main(dataframe1 = None, dataframe2 = None):

conn = pdb.connect("dsn=db" )     cursor = conn.cursor()     sql = "SELECT * FROM aa"

df = pd.read_sql(sql, conn)          return df,

ImportError: No module named pyodbc

Process returned with non-zero exit code 1

I tried all 3 python version given in MLStudio to execute such code, however all throws same error.

How do I download pyodbc or any such external package to Azure MLStudio Framework to do such kind of work ?

Looking forward to the answer.

• Edited by Vidisha Tuesday, October 15, 2019 3:08 PM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:13 AM
  • Hi,

You can connect directly to your database by using the Import Data module, python programming language, or by uploading data to an Azure Blob and reading it using Import Data module. Please review the following documentation and let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

Regards,

GiftA-MSFT.

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click “Mark as Answer” and/or “Vote as helpful”. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.  Thanks.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 9:14 PM
  • Thank you for your reply :

When I use Import DataModule, as shown below I just see few options and I do nor see an option to add a new db there like in my database is Avalanche on Azure

By Python Programming language, it looks like I have to use Azure Blobs as mentioned in docs

"You can use the following sample code to save the down-sampled data to a file and upload it to an Azure blob."

I want to read may be 100GB of data from my database and do some analyatics and put it back to my database, how I would do that ?

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:32 AM
  • Hi,

Please refer to this thread for response. Thanks.

Regards,

GiftA-MSFT.

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click “Mark as Answer” and/or “Vote as helpful”. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.  Thanks.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 6:52 PM