window.showModalDialog fails to launch embedded silverlight content in IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• The application loads a silverlight content embedded within the aspx page. On clicking of a silverlight button, a new window is opened calling the parent page again. 

window.showModalDialog("PopupHandler.htm", WindowParams, features);

As shown in the above code snippet, i am calling a popuphandler.htm which inturn does a form.submit to call the parent aspx page

This happens only for IE11

When the same thing was tested with the compatibility mode turned “ON”, the application loaded the popup the way we expect it to work.

We tried using the below code,it opened the silverlight page.

var popUpObj = window.open("testsilverlightTestPage.aspx");

we do not want to use a window.open.

Am i missing something here , please advice.

Also, if i have to upload a sample application, where do i submit it, plz advice :)

Thanks,

Vinod

• Edited by R.Vinod Kumar Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:43 PM changed content after more investigation
    Friday, October 13, 2017 10:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Vinod,

Have you tried the code blow?

HtmlPage.Window.Navigate(new Uri("myPage.aspx", UriKind.Relative), "_blank");

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:00 AM
    Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:00 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, Fletcher.

we do not want to use a window.open. the htmlpage.window.navigate code that you mentioned would invoke the same thing. Is there any other alternative. I am assuming that this issue is because of the recent update to the IE 11. Please advice on any other alternative.

Regards,

Vinod

Monday, October 23, 2017 9:14 AM