none
Can I run Powershell from CLI in Linux? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm preparing for the Azure Foundations exam and seem to have conflicting info on this question (Can I run Powershell from CLI in Linux?)

I know CLI is available in Linux and I've read the Powershell core version is also available in Linux, however the below question has been answered as a NO. Why?

An Azure administrator plans to run a PowerShell script that creates Azure resources.
    You need to recommend which computer configuration to use to run the script.
    Solution: Run the script from a computer that runs Linux and has the Azure CLI tools installed.
    Does this meet the goal?

• A. Yes
    • B. No

Thanks for the help!!

Angeles

Friday, December 6, 2019 11:53 AM

Answers

• To run PS on Linux machine, PS core 6.x and higher version has to be installed in it. 

So, Run the script from a computer that runs Linux and has the Azure CLI tools installed
    --> Wrong answer

Run the script from a computer that runs Linux and has the PowerShell core 6.x and higher version installed
    --> Correct answer

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

• Marked as answer by amf_one Friday, December 6, 2019 12:24 PM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 12:21 PM

All replies

• To run PS on Linux machine, PS core 6.x and higher version has to be installed in it. 

So, Run the script from a computer that runs Linux and has the Azure CLI tools installed
    --> Wrong answer

Run the script from a computer that runs Linux and has the PowerShell core 6.x and higher version installed
    --> Correct answer

- Vaibhav

• Marked as answer by amf_one Friday, December 6, 2019 12:24 PM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 12:21 PM
  • Ahhh... got it :) It's about answering ONLY what they ask, right? Got it, thank you very much :)
    • Edited by amf_one Friday, December 6, 2019 12:24 PM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 12:24 PM
  • Ahhh... got it :) It's about answering ONLY what they ask, right? Got it, thank you very much :)
    Yes, they are just checking if we know the prerequisite to run Azure PS cmdlets. 
    All the best for AZ-900 certification exam!

- Vaibhav

Friday, December 6, 2019 12:32 PM