none
SSRS installation can't work as wished RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

am trying to install a new ssrs server to my machine, for now I don't want to uninstall my old server. But as I go through the process from ssrs installer exe, I can't find how to install an new server , have i missed anything here? Or should i do any other setting to meet my purpose?

Monday, September 16, 2019 2:40 AM

Answers

• Hi M.Shami,

From your description, if you were using SSRS installer, I assumed that you are using SSRS2017 standalone installer?

If so, the ssrs 2017 can only have one instance in one machine, that means you could not have multiple servers of SSRS2017 on one machine. This is by design.

You could backup the database or encryption key from old server, though, this could save up all the information in the server.

Could we know why you need to add one new 2017 server on same machine? Share us more detail, maybe we could offer more advice.

Regards,

Lukas 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 3:08 AM

All replies

• Hi M.Shami,

From your description, if you were using SSRS installer, I assumed that you are using SSRS2017 standalone installer?

If so, the ssrs 2017 can only have one instance in one machine, that means you could not have multiple servers of SSRS2017 on one machine. This is by design.

You could backup the database or encryption key from old server, though, this could save up all the information in the server.

Could we know why you need to add one new 2017 server on same machine? Share us more detail, maybe we could offer more advice.

Regards,

Lukas 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 3:08 AM
  • Okay, I was hoping for more options. Anyway, thanks for reply.
    • Edited by M.Shami Friday, September 20, 2019 1:21 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2019 1:21 AM