none
SQL Server Upgrade from SQL Server 2012 to SQL 2017 Failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I am doing a SQL Server Upgrade from SQL 2012 to SQL 2017, while I did for two passive (node 3,4) it worked. Interestingly the instance where i setup prevent failback moved to the upgraded node and when i try to failover it was not failing over to the Node 1, Then  i was attempting installation for the node 1, the installer itself was not initializing, it was closing unexpectedly saying SQL Server setup Failed due windows update failure. From the Summary.txt, I found "Error Microsoft.sqlserver.configuration.setupextension.rundiscoveryaction failed". I am half done now, need to see the possible action. 

I am looking for possible solution for this, without thinking of the Uninstall and add node solution for the rest of the nodes. Kindly help advise if you come across this situation and how you fixed 

Thanks 

Thank you... MOMEN

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 10:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Momen Azmath,

Could you please share us your SQL server setup log for analysis?

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, August 30, 2019 9:43 AM