none
Why does VS 2019 new console project start with code for Hello World? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Friends,

After recent update of VS 2019, I noticed whenever I created a New Console Project, it starts with code for "Hello World" - I checked Visual Basic, C# also. 

Is it possible to make a new console project to start without code for "Hello World"?

Please help me.

Thanks

Regards

VKSBK

A Real Novice Programmer !

• Edited by V.K.S.B.K Saturday, September 7, 2019 12:04 PM
    Saturday, September 7, 2019 12:03 PM

Answers

• Hi V.K.S.B.K,

Sorry for delay in reply.

For your requirement, I'm afraid that the answer is negative. As far as I know, it is by designed in VS IDE. It is often used to help new user to quickly know and start a project when they create a new project in VS IDE. It is like we always start with "hello world" when we learn programing.

At present, there is no related option to disable it, and you could just delete it after you create a new one. Sorry for this inconvenience. 

BTW, I recommend you could provide a suggestion to product team here, then share the link here. If there are other community members who are interested in it, they would help you vote it, and the product team experts will think about adding related options to disable it in the future product.

Thank you for understanding and patience.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by V.K.S.B.K Monday, September 9, 2019 8:00 AM
    Monday, September 9, 2019 5:36 AM

All replies

• Hi V.K.S.B.K,

Sorry for delay in reply.

For your requirement, I'm afraid that the answer is negative. As far as I know, it is by designed in VS IDE. It is often used to help new user to quickly know and start a project when they create a new project in VS IDE. It is like we always start with "hello world" when we learn programing.

At present, there is no related option to disable it, and you could just delete it after you create a new one. Sorry for this inconvenience. 

BTW, I recommend you could provide a suggestion to product team here, then share the link here. If there are other community members who are interested in it, they would help you vote it, and the product team experts will think about adding related options to disable it in the future product.

Thank you for understanding and patience.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by V.K.S.B.K Monday, September 9, 2019 8:00 AM
    Monday, September 9, 2019 5:36 AM
  • Dear Dylan, 

Thanks for the reply.

VKSBK

A Real Novice Programmer !

Monday, September 9, 2019 8:00 AM