none
Can't Install Silverlight with Safari 12 on Mac Sierra(10.12.6)

Question

• The whole installation process looks like it works, but then when I go back to the website app that needs it, it prompts me to download Silverlight again. It's not showing up in the list of plugins in the Safari "Preferences > Websites". And I can't find the option anywhere to select to "Allow Always". It also seems like Safari 12 has different menu items. For instance, under "Help" there is no "Installed Plugins" option. 
    Monday, September 17, 2018 8:30 PM

All replies

• The whole installation process looks like it works, but then when I go back to the website app that needs it, it prompts me to download Silverlight again. It's not showing up in the list of plugins in the Safari "Preferences > Websites". And I can't find the option anywhere to select to "Allow Always". It also seems like Safari 12 has different menu items. For instance, under "Help" there is no "Installed Plugins" option. 
    I have exactly the same problem. The Microsoft material looks out of date and the links take you to the wrong places.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 7:56 AM
  • Silverlight was working and then stopped after updating to Safari 12.  I now have the exact same problem.

Here is the Apple release page confirming NPAPI is no longer supported:  

https://developer.apple.com/safari/whats-new/ 

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.  Adobe Flash is the only exception.

• Edited by sept6th Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:57 PM Update
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 5:43 PM
  • Same here, and I'm pissed.  I can't access my stocks now.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 5:54 PM
  • I use silverlight for probably 70% of my work software and experienced this exact same problem today, also on 10.12.6. Can't get anything done now.

I've avoided upgrading to High Sierra specifically worried that I'd lose the ability to use Silverlight. Now I've found out that Firefox has also discontinued support for Silverlight.

Has anyone found a workaround yet? I can't get Chrome to work with it, either.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:40 PM
  • You can use a german browser called ICAB. Newest version is 5.85.5 and it works fine on Mac OS 10.13.6 with Silverlight. It cost 10usd.

You will be happy again as myself.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 11:29 AM
  • Any luck yet? I'm stuck too
    Wednesday, September 19, 2018 5:15 PM
  • Web Adress:

www.icab.de

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 10:44 PM
  • Silverlight does not work with Safari 12. Apple has confirmed this. But, you can find the "Plugins" tab under Safari/Preferences/Websites, on the lower left hand side of the box. Unfortunately, that won't help you with this problem.
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 6:29 PM
  • I make it work on Mac Mojave

First i uninstall silverlight like is on this site:

Way 1 – Uninstall Silverlight Manually

https://nektony.com/how-to/uninstall-silverlight-on-mac

I did use the app Funter (free)

Then i install silverlight again

And install sea monkey browser (free)

https://www.seamonkey-project.org/

Then i go to finder, applications i click with the right click of the mouse, get info, and select the option app nap.

And it start to work on seamonkey browser

• Edited by PabloPabloo Wednesday, September 26, 2018 11:48 PM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2018 11:48 PM
  • When ever I go to open Seamonkey... even after putting it to nap... it doesn't want to open. 
    Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:32 PM