none
Azure Automation with runbooks and DSC in push mode RRS feed

• Question

• Azure Automation with runbooks and DSC in push mode State configuration (DSC)

I have a server on-primes and I have set these I push mode, so the mof file is not sent to the server.

I now if I set in pull mode then the mof files run on my server on-primes, I have tried that :-)

But how I start the configuration if the server is, I push mode from azure automation

I have set server in Azure Automation hybrid group and I think I can use runbooks

But I cannot find the way to set this op  

\Lars Ole

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Lars Ole,

AFAIK Azure Automation State Configuration provides a DSC pull server similar to the Windows Feature DSC-Service so that target nodes automatically receive configurations, conform to the desired state, and report back on their compliance. The built-in pull server in Azure Automation eliminates the need to set up and maintain your own pull server. Azure Automation can target virtual or physical Windows or Linux machines, in the cloud or on-premises. So IMO it's tricky and might not be feasible by design to start the configuration if the set server is in push mode in Azure Automation hybrid group. I will try to check internally with the Azure Automation product / feature team regarding if there is a way to start the configuration if the set server is in push mode in Azure Automation hybrid group and will update you once I have an update.

You may already be aware but just FYI you may refer this and this documents for more information.
    Friday, October 18, 2019 5:22 AM
  • Hi

tanks for the answer

if there had been an opportunity to disable a server could it be a solution I can only Unregister

\Lars Ole

Friday, October 18, 2019 6:56 AM