none
Disable Copy, Print and Save option RRS feed

• Question

• In my C# application (.Net 2008), I am opening Word/Excel/PPT (2003 & 2007) document. I want to disable Copy, Print and Save option in the opened document. For that I am using existing event and disabling Print, Save & Save As option.

Apart from above Office feature, I also want to disable Send as Email, Publish to Blog.

Also I have install Add-ins for Saving document as PDF or XPS. I need to disable this feature also

Thursday, March 17, 2011 2:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Sanmukha,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Do you want to open those three sorts of document in an application?

As far as I see, that we’re not able to find those sorts of event to disable Copy option in those document.

We are able to disable Print and Save via DocumentBeforePrint and DocumentBeforeSave event in Word.

We are able to disable Print and Save via WorkbookBeforePrint and DocumentBeforeSave event in Excel.

We are able to disable Print and Save via PresentationPrint and PresentationBeforSave envent in PowerPoint.

If you want to disable the feature of an add-in, you should aware of the logic and the interface of this add-in project. And find out whether there exists some methods, properties or event to disable the feature.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Friday, April 8, 2011 9:35 AM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Sanmukha,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Do you want to open those three sorts of document in an application?

As far as I see, that we’re not able to find those sorts of event to disable Copy option in those document.

We are able to disable Print and Save via DocumentBeforePrint and DocumentBeforeSave event in Word.

We are able to disable Print and Save via WorkbookBeforePrint and DocumentBeforeSave event in Excel.

We are able to disable Print and Save via PresentationPrint and PresentationBeforSave envent in PowerPoint.

If you want to disable the feature of an add-in, you should aware of the logic and the interface of this add-in project. And find out whether there exists some methods, properties or event to disable the feature.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Friday, April 8, 2011 9:35 AM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 6:36 AM
  • Hi all.

I'm also in problem about this issue.

In my case, I made a Addin for PPT with VC++

I want my addin to stop print order from ppt.

like this,

when ppt try to print a presentation file, my addin check whether the presentation has specific sting or object in PresentationPrint event.

if so, my addin will stop to print.

however, i have not been able to found the way how to stop print order that already made by PPT in PresentationPrint Event.

Tom_Xu said that "We are able to disable Print and Save via PresentationPrint and PresentationBeforSave envent in PowerPoint".

Please, Share the information how to disable print via PresentationPrint Event....

I have not found any option or function.

Thanks.

Friday, October 21, 2011 6:12 AM
  • Please code Print and Save option Download  disabled
    Monday, June 1, 2020 10:44 AM