none
SQL alwaysON - cluster issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a SQL alwaysON replication setup between on-prem db and Azure SQL db ( IaaS). Today morning my primary DB was not accessible due to cluster issue. Cluster service on one of the node was stopped due to some network connectivity issue with file share witness( quorum). 

My question is- if the cluster has to have an issue due to network or any other issue , is that going to affect my primary database ? 

How this can be minimized or eliminated? are there any config changes I need to do? 

Please help.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Mohammad Thahif,

>> if the cluster has to have an issue due to network or any other issue , is that going to affect my primary database ? 

Yes, it will. From your description, your Cluster service on one of the node was stopped due to some network connectivity issue with file share witness( quorum). First you can’t use AG listener connect to AG. And if your cluster service is stopped, the primary AG is not synchronizing, and you can’t access primary database.

You need to fix the network connectivity issues and then bring AG online.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, August 23, 2019 6:09 AM