none
(Access 2007) Export to Excel spreadsheet , RRS feed

• Question

• I export to an Excel workbook (XLSX format) with the option "Export data with formatting and layout".

However, if I edit the resulting XLSX file and save it from within Excel, it automatically makes a backup copy.

I found the option within Excel to turn this off for that particular spreadsheet, but I create these frequently and really would like the option turned off.  Is there a way to do this from within MS Access?  Or to set as a run-time option from within Excel (I can ask in a dif't forum if that's the case).

Thanks.

Edit: I found this site:

http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T003884_Turning_Off_Automatic_Backups_in_Excel_2007.html

that says basically to create a new template ("Book.xltx") and put it in my XLSTART folder.  I do not have write access on my computer to the XLSTART folder under "Office12", so I tried putting the file in the XLSTART under "My Documents" (".\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART").  Didn't work.  Maybe I need to put it in the XLSTART under the Office12 folder?

Friday, November 19, 2010 2:05 PM

All replies

• I don't have an answer, but one thing you could check is if excel has the ability to make that setting the default for all spreadsheets

Friday, November 19, 2010 9:11 PM
  • I should have went to your link before I posted this.  Have you tried opening the template that is already there and just modifying it (as a template)?
    Friday, November 19, 2010 9:15 PM
  • There are no templates in my "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\XLSTART" folder, and the only ones in my "My Docs" (C:\Documents and Settings\(my name)\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART) are PERSONAL and the "Book.xltx" that I referred to earlier.
    Monday, November 22, 2010 7:05 PM