none
Spatial Results Tab window not showing up in Microsoft Visual studio(SSDT) RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot see the 'spatial results' tab window when i execute the query below.When i run a normal query i can see 2 tabs showing 'results' and 'message' but not the 'spatial results' tab. I am using Microsoft visual studio2017(ssdt).The codes below works fine but it displays the columns as text and coordinates but not in a grid format.Can someone tell me how to get the spatial results tab.Is there something that i need to download.Please advise.

Create table [Spatialinfo]
    (id INT,spatialdata geometry,shape Varchar(10));

INSERT INTO [spatialinfo]
    (spatialdata)
    VALUES ('Point(7 12)');

Select * From Spatialinfo;

The result that i get is something approximately as follows in the message window. Please note that i have set the output to be displayed as a grid and not text but still i cant get the spatial results window to appear.

id       spatialdata                          shape
    1        0x000010c0000022400000002840         null

As you can see the spatial results tab is missing and not showing the grid lines.

Can someone tell me what i have missed in the above descriptions.

regards

mark

mark

Saturday, July 6, 2019 1:24 PM

All replies

• Hi mark,

From your description, you used  SSDT to execute the query. For Your issue is related to SSDT. I suggest you open a thread in Visual studio forums, People there will help you more effectively. 

Hope this could help you.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, July 8, 2019 6:09 AM
  • Hi Cathy Ji,

Thanks a lot for your reply.I have posted the question in the SSDT forum as you advised me but havent received any answer or solution so far. Please assist.Thanks

regards

mark

mark

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 5:53 AM
  • Hello Mark,

The spatial data tab is only available in SSMS, not in SSDT; so use SSMS to run your query.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 6:11 AM
  • Hi mark,

According to Olaf reminder, i run your query in SSMS. We can see the result like below screenshot. The spatial results tab is shown in the result.

Best regards,

Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 9:24 AM
  • Hi Olaf,

Thank you very much. It now works perfectly.

Cheers 

Mark

mark

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 10:12 AM
  • Hi Olaf,

Thank you very much. It now works perfectly.

Cheers 

Mark

mark

Hi Mark,

I am so glad to hear that you have resolved your issue. Please mark the useful reply as answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:07 AM