none
SharePoint 2010, Azure Application Gateway - Sign in Collapse RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am terribly confused, because of the behaviour of SharePoint, I setting up a test environment with SharePoint 2010 and Windows 2012 Server (Yes, we are migrating soon to SharePoint 2019). We are 5 test users only connected with the SharePoint 2010 server, when one of us logs in, SharePoint shows other persons name (most recent logged in person's name, and the permissions of that users). This is a fresh setup of SharePoint with existing content database. configuration is as follows Azure Application Gateway, Single App/WFE Server VM, Single SQL Server 2012 VM all in Azure. SharePoint is setup with Claims based Authentication.

For Example, A is logged in recently, B's SharePoint Menu shows A's Full name at right top of the screen, and if a document is checked out it is checked out to A. 

Any help is appreciated.

Vasudev S.

Monday, November 11, 2019 10:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Vasudev S,

I want to confirm more information for troubleshooting:

What browser did you use? how about clearing the browser cache? If it doesn’t work, please change a browser to check the result.

Whether all five users occur the issue or one user of them occur the issue?

Besides, did the issue occur in one site collection or all site collections? Please try to login to other site collections to have a test.

Have you customize the pages? Please provide the screenshots with us to fully understand your issue.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 8:54 AM
  • Hi Julie,

I have tried edge, internet explorer, Chrome.

And For all users, all web applications.

Setup is like this - Users -> Azure Application Gateway -> APP/WFE Server (only one) 

We tried to access application from a Jump Box environment by using http://servername/sitecollection issue does not occur. when we use it as https://public.domain.com/sitecollection issue occurs for all users. It seems Application Gateway configuration is not correct or does not support SharePoint 2010 way of working. 

Our question remains if  Microsoft Azure Application Gateway supports SharePoint 2010. If yes, what is expected to be configured.

Vasudev S.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:08 PM
  • Hi Vasudev S,

From my search, there is no article on the compatibility of SharePoint 2010 and Azure application gateways.

Please refer below article to verify the configuration you have done:

Using Azure Application Gateway to publish applications

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:23 AM
  • Hi Vasudev S,

If you find the reply helpful to you, please remember to mark it as answer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Julie

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:50 AM