none
Ho do I unlink my company email address with my company VLSC generic account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, When logging on to our VLSC Portal with our companies generic logon I chose the wrong logon option. Instead of choosing , the second option (sign in with MS account), I chose the first one (Sign in with your work account), put in our generic email address for our VLSC account but was then forced to use own my credentials by our ADFS servers to proceed and that then linked my email with the logon and no one else can log onto the portal now but me.

John Philipson

Monday, February 12, 2018 3:30 PM

All replies

• Hi, When logging on to our VLSC Portal with our companies generic logon I chose the wrong logon option. Instead of choosing , the second option (sign in with MS account), I chose the first one (Sign in with your work account), put in our generic email address for our VLSC account but was then forced to use own my credentials by our ADFS servers to proceed and that then linked my email with the logon and no one else can log onto the portal now but me.

John Philipson

Dear John,

Please contact the Microsoft VLSC Support in your region.

https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter/Help/Contact.aspx

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/237697e9-8504-4686-a19b-642cb3fd7393/how-to-contact-visual-studio-subscription-support-step-by-step-tutorial-w-screenshots?forum=msdnfeedback https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/64b37019-90cf-4633-a4c6-349512c33427/activating-subscription-with-work-email-and-subscription-id?forum=msdnfeedback

Monday, February 12, 2018 10:33 PM
  • Hi,

I am facing the same issue, I'll appreciate if someone please help me to know how could I unlink company's email ID and use other hotmail ID.

Thanks

Ali

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 1:56 PM
  • I have the same issue and the link takes me to same page saying I need to login with my work account. 
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 3:42 PM
  • It appears you cant.....

Spoke to local contact centre on several occasions. In the end just gave up, as they haven't a clue what the issue is or in most cases what you're talking about. 

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 11:17 AM
  • Pretty much what I expect from Microsoft. Complete and utter failure on every front.
    Sunday, November 10, 2019 4:32 PM
  • I called the VLSC support number and after navigating a few phone menus I talked to someone (1 minute hold time) and they reset it. They had to ask a few verification questions (as expected) but they did not seem confused over my issue. They did state it had to be done on their end as it is a specific MVLS linking.

It only took 10 minutes (they said 2-4 hours!) to work but it was about the quickest MS support call in history.

I think as IT guys we loath making the call but I suggest you give that a go.

-ck

• Edited by cking22001 Wednesday, December 4, 2019 4:16 PM incorrect time
    • Proposed as answer by Philip Thompson Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:25 PM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 4:10 PM
  • Thanks for your post.

I had the exact same issue today. Having read your post I called support, went through about 3 menu options and spoke to a very helpful lady who unlinked my account on the spot.

I was able to verify logging in with my original account and finished the call in just under 10 minutes.

Least hassle support call ever.

Phil

Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:25 PM