Unstable catalog behavior, find missing items, and crashes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a catalog that references 13 different offline harddrives, but only their derivatives (the raws are ignored, each drive has a derivative catalog created using the find function, then each of these catalogs are added into a larger catalog). 

Expression keeps creating a non existant folder on the finder viewer places random images in here during import. When i check the paths of these images, they are incorrect. (It says they are on my local drive, which they are not). I use the find missing items function to relocate the files, it finds them easily, moves them to their correct location and thus empties the folder. I was working around the glitch with that method but now the find missing items function crashes expression every time, regardless of the offline drive.

Now that this catalog has crashed a few times, it keeps crashing and is painfully slow during basic operations.

My computer is a brand new MacBook pro, 12GB ram, OSX 10.6, the catalog is 880MB. This catalog needs to be the backbone of my archive workflow.

Any suggestions?

Monday, August 23, 2010 10:27 PM