How to debug a dump for IE11 and Silverlight 5.1.50906.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have an issue on a Citrix environment where randomly a Silverlight application locks the user session.

If I try to debug it in DebugDiag Analysis tool I get a Recommendation: To fix this problem, you can copy mscordacwks.dll from the server where the dump was taken and rename it to and add the path of the folder to the Symbol server path by going to Tools-> Options and Settings and a message CLR is loaded in the target, but the correct dac file cannot be found.  DacFileName:  mscordaccore_X86_X86_5.1.50906.00.dll.  DacLocation:  I don't know what to do to look into the dump.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 12:24 PM

All replies

• Hi sbrad1,

As far as I know, Most mscordaccore.dll errors are related to missing or corrupt mscordaccore.dll files. You can refer the following link and try to fix it.

How To Fix Mscordaccore.dll is Missing / Not Found Error Messages:
    http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/missing-not-found-error/dll/windows/microsoft-corporation/microsoft-silverlight/mscordaccore-dll/

I found the follow link says mainly about ClrMd but DebugDiag is based on that so maybe it will help.

“Failure loading DAC: CreateDacInstance failed” when loading dump file with ClrMD:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17297911/failure-loading-dac-createdacinstance-failed-when-loading-dump-file-with-clrm

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Yohann Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 12, 2017 4:28 AM