Invert my mouse RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, I have searched the internet tirelessly and have only discovered that I am part of a very small group of people who use their mouse upside down.. yes upside down, the wire is facing me. I know it is strange but it is the way I do it. It has never mattered to me before but I recently started playing PC video games and acquired a 5 button mouse.

Now since I use it upside down the extra buttons are not easily reached and I would like to hold the mouse properly. In order to do that I would like to know how to invert the axis on the mouse. Preferably a system wide option that is not a 3rd party software. I am not a programmer but it seems to me that it would be a simple matter of switching a couple lines of code somewhere.

To be clear, the mouse is functioning as it is supposed to..I am looking for a way to invert it's movements on a system wide level in the software so I can hold it properly, but it will function as if I was holding it upside down..with the x and y axis reversed.

Any help anyone might be able to offer would be much appreciated.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 12:26 PM

All replies

• I don't use my mouse upside down - yet. I might have to consider the option if I don't find another solution. But I can't play games without inverting both the x- and y-axis of my mouse. Some games have the option, some don't, and third party software doesn't work in-game.

Is there any possibility for a system wide mouse invert on Windows 10?

Saturday, May 23, 2020 9:37 AM
  • Is there any possibility for a system wide mouse invert on Windows 10?

With a WH_MOUSE_LL hook + for example mouse_event to invert x or y
    Saturday, May 23, 2020 12:49 PM