Error Loading Diagram - Unable start configured partners RRS feed

• Question

•  

I can't get past step 1 of lesson 1.

I run, after adding the Desktop Joystick to my program and I get the following message.

Can you help?

Thx in advance.

Error Loading Diagram
    Unable start configured partners
    Code s:Receiver
    Reason System.IO.IOException: Code:W3C.Soap.FaultCode,Subcode:unknown,ReasonTongue Tiedystem.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'GameController.Y2006.M09.Proxy, Version=1.5.507.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) File name: 'GameController.Y2006.M09.Proxy, Version=1.5.507.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' at Microsoft.Robotics.Services.Sample.JoystickForm.JoystickFormService..ctor(DsspServiceCreationPort creationPort) WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType) at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at Microsoft.Dss.Services.Constructor.ConstructService.InvokeServiceClassConstructor() at Microsoft.Dss.Services.Constructor.ConstructService.ReflectAndConstructService(ServiceCache Cache)

Friday, September 19, 2008 12:49 PM

Answers

• This problem usually occurs when a service has been recompiled and another service depends on it. In this case you probably need to recompile the JoystickForm service. The solution file should also contain the GameController service, which needs to be recompiled first.

You will need to do this from Visual Studio and it cannot be done in VPL. However, the fact that you have this error suggests that either you have already recompiled some services or you have installed another package that included the GameController DLL.

Trevor

Friday, September 19, 2008 4:51 PM

All replies

• This problem usually occurs when a service has been recompiled and another service depends on it. In this case you probably need to recompile the JoystickForm service. The solution file should also contain the GameController service, which needs to be recompiled first.

You will need to do this from Visual Studio and it cannot be done in VPL. However, the fact that you have this error suggests that either you have already recompiled some services or you have installed another package that included the GameController DLL.

Trevor

Friday, September 19, 2008 4:51 PM
  •  

Thanks Trevor,

I opened up Visual Studio 2005, rebuilt JoystickForm service & GameController service and it worked.

Rick

Friday, September 19, 2008 5:19 PM