Expression Studio 4 RRS feed

• Question

• Needed to reinstall Expression Studio, when I did the activation failed saying the license was use the maximum amount of times. This is not the case having a volume license. Called MS support they put me on to the support link for ref:kb263101. Was assured this would fix the problem for Expression Studio however after appling the hotfix it has only fixed the activation issue for Expression Web and not Studio (eg. Design, Encoder or Blend). Is there a hotfix for Expression Studio? or is this limited to Expression Web?

Monday, January 9, 2012 9:07 AM

All replies

• "kb263101" - Did you mis-type kb2635101?
    The hotfix page says it is for Web only, but Design and Encoder should both be activated when you successfully activate Web. I have no information regarding Blend.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Monday, January 9, 2012 10:01 AM
  • yes, mis-type on the code sorry.

Design and encoder are not re-activated when you install this hotfix. When you start the programmes they take you thorough the same activation process as Web did before the hot fix was applied, and they fail?

Regards.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:00 PM
  • Similar issue.:

Used Home Server 2011 to backup and restore my workstation when I needed to replace the system drive HDD (SSD).

Activation (in Expression Design) fails with the message: "Your Expression product is activated already."

I've Also apply the fix from KB2635101, but this only fixed the activation issue for Expression Web and not Studio (eg. Design, Encoder or Blend).

Please advise..

Regards.

• Proposed as answer by XS4ALL.NET Monday, January 23, 2012 10:51 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by XS4ALL.NET Monday, January 23, 2012 10:51 PM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:57 AM
  • Found a solution for the activation issue on my workstation (Win7 SP1 x64) in the forum by shlongky_kong.

http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/general/thread/10adf0c2-6e49-4804-9a01-68a6ec7e3eff

- Activate by Telephone.

Close all Network/Internet connections (so the software isn't looking for the Microsoft servers to activate).

Start Expression Design, fill in the correct product key and switch back to the activate option.

Activate the license and you should get the 'Activate by Telephone' option.

Follow the instructions in the 'Activate by Telephone' wizard.

Activating Expression Design in this way also activated the other Expression Studio 4 programs (Blend, etc) on my workstation.

I hope this will also work for you :)

All the best..

• Proposed as answer by XS4ALL.NET Monday, January 23, 2012 10:51 PM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 10:51 PM
  • ...what a pain in the @ss your procedure is. But it did work. Thanks so much for the tip.
    Friday, April 13, 2012 10:20 PM
  • GRAZIE . HO RISOLTO IL PROBLEMA. THANK YOU
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:58 PM
  • I have this issue with Expression Studio, in particular Expression Design. I'm on Windows8 x64 and it used to work (certainly before the upgrade) but no more. When launching I get the activation dialog.

* If I put my product key in it tells me it's invalid (it's not).
     * If I simply click "Active Now" it tells me that it's already activated and bombs out.
     * I've tried a full uninstall/reinstall which accepted the key - but the same problem returned.

Is there a fix?

Monday, October 29, 2012 4:21 PM