none
MDW - No Data Available RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Jay,

Its very strange, Can you explain a little bit more about it, what tools your data collectors are (SSIS, TSQL or any other tool), your DWH design: how your data is flowing in what stages, what are your source systems.

Cheers,

Amit Tomar

---------------------------------------------------

Please mark this as answer if it solved your query

Please vote this as helpful if it solved your query

---------------------------------------------------

My Blog My Wiki Page

Friday, March 2, 2018 5:19 AM
  • Hi Amit - I'm using the out-of-the-box MDW product that's bundled with SQL Server. The collector that I'm targeting is the standard data collector that comes with the product; it's called Server Activity. That data collector accumulates statistics from TSQL and invokes perfmon with a set of counters. I've reduced the footprint to just collecting statistics on the SQL server that hosts MDW.
    Monday, March 5, 2018 4:56 PM
  • I rolled out the data collectors to another server, and they're all operating as expected. The perfmon counters for System Activity on the machine that hosts MDW is the problem. I had to grant individual DCOM permissions to the SQL Agent domain account to get around some of the errors on the MDW host machine (but not on the secondary server), but perfmon counters are still not being collected, and now there are absolutely no errors in any of the logs.
    Monday, March 12, 2018 5:37 PM
  • I have the same problem. Have you solved ?
    Tuesday, December 17, 2019 6:59 PM