none
Visual C++ Samples RRS feed

• Question

• It's been some time since I have programmed and today's tools are a bit more difficult to organize. In particular, I am trying to get Express C++ to work and wan to download samples to do so. Am I required to d/l one at a time from the MS website or is there a way to get a collection in one zipped file?

Also, is there a way to get replacement MSDN CD's for MS Visual Pro c++ 6.0? I lost these in a move and want to reinstall the complier but need these cd's for full reinstall to include help files.

Any help is appreciated since I'm getting back into programming for my own purposes.

Many thanks,

Jim E.

Saturday, June 2, 2007 2:09 PM

Answers

• Thank you. I have d/l the starter kit, etc., so I'll work with that. I reinstalled the VC++ 6.0 and put the sp5/6 but it still isn't up to snuff--error 1021 regarding 'using' in the preprocessor is the culprit there.

Thanks again.

Jim

Sunday, June 3, 2007 2:28 PM

All replies

•  gjeone wrote:

It's been some time since I have programmed and today's tools are a bit more difficult to organize. In particular, I am trying to get Express C++ to work and wan to download samples to do so. Am I required to d/l one at a time from the MS website or is there a way to get a collection in one zipped file?

I'm not aware of any such collection, except whatever samples are included with the MSDN library, which can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b8704100-0127-4d88-9b5d-896b9b388313&DisplayLang=en.

Other than that, there are some sample apps at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/starterkit/.

gjeone wrote:

Also, is there a way to get replacement MSDN CD's for MS Visual Pro c++ 6.0? I lost these in a move and want to reinstall the complier but need these cd's for full reinstall to include help files.

If you've got a MSDN subscription, you can go to the subscription downloads page and get VC++ 6. If you're not, you could try calling your local Microsoft office, but I wouldn't get my hopes up -- especially with VC6.

Sunday, June 3, 2007 1:01 PM
  • Thank you. I have d/l the starter kit, etc., so I'll work with that. I reinstalled the VC++ 6.0 and put the sp5/6 but it still isn't up to snuff--error 1021 regarding 'using' in the preprocessor is the culprit there.

Thanks again.

Jim

Sunday, June 3, 2007 2:28 PM