getting unique id from project server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I needed to have Project 2007 Task Unique ID field on PWA.I Created a custom field (number) and associated in formula the Unique Id. I add this field to enterprise using add to enterpsie. It comes up as a custom field on PWA.But When I add this field in views in PWA to be visible in published projects in project center ,unique id values does not come.

Sometimes when I try to insert this custom column in Project it throws #error and when i recreate custom field it gives values but when i publish the project again with the custom field it again does not appear in PWA.

Can you please tell me the complete correct process (step by step) to achive the unqiue ID field correctly in PWA.

Any video links or suggestive readings would be appreciated.Its very urgent and I've already wasted 1 week on this.

Again I need to read this value through projectdataset (i'm using PSI). But in the dataset this column (unqiue id) field name does not appear. Do i need to explictly add it to dataset.
    Friday, December 18, 2009 4:59 AM

All replies

• To read custom fiels value, you have to use "CustomFieldDataSet" -- CustomFieldWebSvc
    Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 8:03 AM