none
Reporting Services Refused to Connect Remotely RRS feed

• Question

• Guys,

I have Windows Server 2019 Standard with static IP address, I've installed MS SQL Server 2019 Express Database and SQL Server Reporting Services 2019, I went through the report wizard and setup everything properly, I can view, edit, upload any report I want LOCALLY however, I can't access any report remotely I am getting the following error:

This site can't be reached
    [Servername] refused to connect.

This is what I tried so far:

1. Disable Windows Firewall
    2. Enable Windows Firewall with HTTP port 80 Enabled
    3. Changed Reporting Services from port 80 to port 8000 & also to 8001
    4. reset the NIC
    5. Enabled the remote connection from the SQL Server Configuration Manager
    6. ALL SQL Services are running except for the SQL Server Agent (doesn't work with the Express edition)
    7. Re-installed Reporting Services
    8. I can ping my server remotely and the server can ping the client machine

Any recommendation? I am running out of ideas...

Thanks

Friday, November 8, 2019 7:33 PM

Answers

• The server is a brand new build and joined to a working domain; I have tried to install SSRS 2019 on another Windows Server 2019 Standard and it worked right away. The real problem is a licensing software that for whatever reason blocks remote connection to the server and / or interferes with SSRS remote connections.

I will open a support ticket with the third party software to look into the issue

Thank you all for your support

• Marked as answer by sync_master Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:31 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:31 PM

All replies

• what happens when you browse to the server remotely?

ie

http://MyExpressServerInstance/ReportServer

Hilary

Friday, November 8, 2019 7:41 PM
  • Friday, November 8, 2019 8:10 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried to connect with IP address in the web browser?

You could find the IP address in Reporting Service Configuration Manager.

The error message looks like a internet connection issue, you could refer to Fix: The Remote Device or Resource won’t Accept the Connection. See if this helps.

Also, btw, these machine should already been in the same domain, right?

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:46 AM
  • Yes, I did all of that and no luck. The machine is joined to the domain so the only other thing that I haven't tried is DCOM.

I will update you guys as i try to resolve it

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 12:37 PM
  • Hi,

Have you found anything new? or tried any debug?

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 15, 2019 7:32 AM
  • Nothing is working as of yet, I've re-enabled the firewall and enabled this time port 8080 instead of port 80, did the same change from the report configuration, everything works locally but not remotely!

what else could be causing this? this windows server 2019 is on a domain the only thing that now makes think is unless SQL Server 2019 Express version with its reporting services doesn't allow remote connections?

Friday, November 15, 2019 12:22 PM
  • Hi,

This confuse me also. I don't think this function will be constraint in the SSRS 2019. As I download and installed MSSQL 2019 Express also SSRS Express. We can access the report server URL remotely inside our domain.

One addition question, did you have this remote computer also in you working domain?

Regards,

Lukas 

• Marked as answer by sync_master Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:25 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by sync_master Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:25 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 6:04 AM
  • The server is a brand new build and joined to a working domain; I have tried to install SSRS 2019 on another Windows Server 2019 Standard and it worked right away. The real problem is a licensing software that for whatever reason blocks remote connection to the server and / or interferes with SSRS remote connections.

I will open a support ticket with the third party software to look into the issue

Thank you all for your support

• Marked as answer by sync_master Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:31 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:31 PM