none
Visual Studio 2017 Crashing while using x64 RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed Windows 10 v1709 fresh install and Visual Studio 2017 v15.5.2 When I create a new project and click start, it compiles and runs great. When I switch to "platform target x64" it compiles but it doesn't run and visual studio crashes so I cannot use the debugger. If I compile it and run the app without using visual studio debugger it works fine.. I believe this is windows 10 latest update because I am using windows 10 v1507 on a different machine with the same visual studio and its working perfectly fine.. anyone know how to overcome this glitch?
    Thursday, December 28, 2017 3:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Kra,

Thanks for your posting.

>>When I create a new project and click start

But what kind of new project are you developing?

I using VS2017 15.5.2 on my machine which also get V1709 installed, so far I tested it with WinForm, WPF and Console app (.net framework) but they did not crash.

May I ask the performance of your machine? Is it x64-based processor ?

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Friday, December 29, 2017 7:31 AM
    Friday, December 29, 2017 7:30 AM