none
Passing Credential to skypeforbusinessonline RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I have been tasked with getting a task automated that requires a login to skype via the skypeforbusinessonline powershell module.

My issue is not with getting the script to work (its tested and works). its with just getting sighed into skypeforbusiness online. 

The below script works just fine when sitting at a desktop, and you use the get-credential command, and are prompted. But it will not accept the stored credential.

any way around this?

Import-Module SkypeOnlineConnector

$userCredential = Get-AutomationPSCredential -Name storedcredentialname
    $sfbSession = New-CsOnlineSession -Credential $userCredential -Verbose -OverrideAdminDomain "quantumcrm.onmicrosoft.com"
    Import-PSSession $sfbSession

Monday, August 12, 2019 4:10 PM

Answers

• I got it to work actually. 

1:  Install/Import the module in AA (Zip the "SkypeOnlineConnector" from  c:\Program Files\Common Files\Skype for Business Online\Modules\)

2: Import the module into AA

3. When calling the Import-PsSession it's very important to send the output to "Null" if not it will loop and fail.

$SkypeCredential = Get-AutomationPSCredential -Name SkypeAutomationCredentials
    $SfBsession = New-CsOnlineSession -Credential $SkypeCredential -Verbose
    Import-PSSession $SfBsession -AllowClobber |Out-Null

Monday, November 18, 2019 7:54 AM

All replies

• We recommend engaging our technical support team to investigate further.Please file a support case using these steps. If you do not have a support plan, send mail to AzCommunity@microsoft.com, include your subscription ID and a link to this MSDN thread (for context).
    Monday, August 19, 2019 4:43 AM
  • Did you get a solution from the support? I have the same problem in Azure Automation. 
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:26 AM
  • Hey, How do you load the SkypeOnlineConnector into Azure Automations?
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:47 AM
  • Is there a solution to this? I would also like to connect to Skype for Business from Azure Automation. 

Nick Dorak

Friday, November 15, 2019 4:52 PM
  • I got it to work actually. 

1:  Install/Import the module in AA (Zip the "SkypeOnlineConnector" from  c:\Program Files\Common Files\Skype for Business Online\Modules\)

2: Import the module into AA

3. When calling the Import-PsSession it's very important to send the output to "Null" if not it will loop and fail.

$SkypeCredential = Get-AutomationPSCredential -Name SkypeAutomationCredentials
    $SfBsession = New-CsOnlineSession -Credential $SkypeCredential -Verbose
    Import-PSSession $SfBsession -AllowClobber |Out-Null

Monday, November 18, 2019 7:54 AM
  • I didn't have an issue looping without the Out-Null.
    Your solution to ZIP and upload the modules was successful.

Thank you.

Nick Dorak

Monday, November 18, 2019 3:14 PM
  • Ok great it worked. 
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:16 AM
  • Thanks!
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 6:21 PM