none
Where are the Visual Basic examples in the API? RRS feed

• Question

• There was a time not too long ago (e.g. framework 3.5) where, when you looked up the API for a particular object that there would be C# examples and Visual examples presented for how to use the object. Now, I rarely find any Visual Basic examples. Is there a reason the VB examples have been dropped? 

Monday, September 16, 2019 6:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can find Visual Basic examples just change the selected languages as follows.

Just try this page as an example.
    Hope I can help you.

Best Regards,
    Julie 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SeeCwriter Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:52 PM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:23 AM

All replies

• Hi

I seem to find plenty of VB examples. I just use f1 to go to keyword under cursor and there they are.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Monday, September 16, 2019 6:16 PM
  • You should provide a link as an example. Probably there is a way to select the (computer) language; look for that.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, September 16, 2019 7:43 PM
  • If you mean API object such as on pinvoke verses Microsoft. pinvoke is user driven while Microsoft caters to what the masses are interested in for the most part.

Microsoft is still invested in VB.NET which one can easily see from the newly renovated doc pages, even were they made the effort to flip languages e.g. at the top of many pages.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, September 16, 2019 7:44 PM
  • Hi,

You can find Visual Basic examples just change the selected languages as follows.

Just try this page as an example.
    Hope I can help you.

Best Regards,
    Julie 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SeeCwriter Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:52 PM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:23 AM
  • Ah!. The Microsoft Docs pages used to use a tabbed box in the their page with one tab for C# and another tab for VB. That's what I was looking for.

Thank you.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:56 PM