none
No Default Instance when Launching SQL (Error Text in Body Below) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, 

I am currently receiving the following error message in SQL 2017:

I launch SQL and have no default instance.

TITLE: Browse Server for Database
    ------------------------------

The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection' threw an exception. (System.Data)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Failed to instantiate an enclave provider with type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.AlwaysEncrypted.EnclaveProviders.VirtualizationBasedSecurityEnclaveProvider, Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.AlwaysEncrypted.EnclaveProviders, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' for name 'vbs'. Error message: Could not load type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.AlwaysEncrypted.EnclaveProviders.VirtualizationBasedSecurityEnclaveProvider' from assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.AlwaysEncrypted.EnclaveProviders, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'.  (System.Data)

Could not load type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.AlwaysEncrypted.EnclaveProviders.VirtualizationBasedSecurityEnclaveProvider' from assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.AlwaysEncrypted.EnclaveProviders, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'. (mscorlib)

BUTTONS:

OK

Friday, December 27, 2019 2:11 AM

All replies

• Hi BillGates_Sr,

>>I launch SQL and have no default instance

Have you installed the default instance?How did you start sql server?

And when did you encounter this error?

would you please describe some details.

Best regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 27, 2019 2:57 AM