Server name not found RRS feed

• Question

• I followed the tutorial as mentioned on the website "Create Azure database"

Still while trying to connect to the database from local cmd it gives me this error :-

ERROR 9002 (28000): The server name you tried cannot be found. Please use the correct name and retry. Please check your server name eztolluser1.

I am trying since past two days but in vain.

Sunday, April 19, 2020 1:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Kushal

Please check your subscription if it is still valid and also you didnt delete your DB by mistake. It can recovered still if you create a support request.

If this is not the case, please share the link which you are following for creating and connecting to your Database.

Once we have more information, we will look into furhter.

Thanks
    Navtej S

Sunday, April 19, 2020 7:58 PM
  • ERROR 9002 (28000): The server name you tried cannot be found. Please use the correct name and retry. Please check your server name eztolluser1.

Have you tried using full server name while connecting? 

Use eztolluser1.mysql.database.azure.com instead of just eztolluser1.

For reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/mysql/quickstart-create-mysql-server-database-using-azure-portal#connect-to-the-server-by-using-the-mysql-workbench-gui-tool

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Monday, April 20, 2020 11:49 AM
  • I tried using this command 

mysql -h eztolluser1.database.windows.net -u eztoll_user@eztolluser1.database.windows.net -p

Monday, April 20, 2020 3:54 PM
  • Yes I tired both the cases but of no use.

Monday, April 20, 2020 3:57 PM
  • Yes I tired both the cases but of no use.

Have you tried below? Are you getting the same error that is mentioned in question? 

mysql --host eztolluser1.mysql.database.azure.com --user eztoll_user@eztolluser1-p

Check Server level firewall rule section to see if you have followed those steps as well

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/mysql/quickstart-create-mysql-server-database-using-azure-portal#connect-to-the-server-by-using-the-mysql-workbench-gui-tool

- Vaibhav

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 9:54 AM
  • Server nameeztolluser1.database.windows.net

Database name: eztolluser1

Server admin: eztoll_user

Using the command  "mysql --host eztolluser1.database.windows.net --user eztoll_user@eztolluser1 -p -P 3306" gives the error "The server name you tried cannot be found. Please use the correct name and retry. Please check your server name eztolluser1."

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 3:06 PM
  • Server nameeztolluser1.database.windows.net

Database name: eztolluser1

Server admin: eztoll_user

In my understanding, the mysql server name should be something like 

YourDBName.mysql.database.azure.com

but what you are showing and using is 

YourDBName.database.windows.net  (looks like SQL server name)

Please check if it's mysql server which should look like below. You can also see step by step here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJEfBqWwcL0

- Vaibhav

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 3:25 PM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer(s) helped.

If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread .

And, if you have any further queries do let us know. 

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 5:52 AM